- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Products menu
- 1.2 Top bar
- 1.3 User guide to new City Online (PDF)
- 1.4 Company administration manager user guide (PDF)
- 2. Purchasing Products
- 3. Searching City Online
- 4. Encroachment products
- 5. Supporting documents
Welcome to City Online. We've compiled a comprehensive help section for your reference and to assist with navigation through the website. If we've missed any answers to your questions, please let us know.
1.1 Products menu
All products that are available for sale or download are listed under the following categories:
- Property Information
- Geospatial data
- Maps and Drawings
- Aerial Imagery
Select a product section to view the list of products available. Then click on any of the product to view its description, contact information, price etc.
1.2 Top bar
Along the top of the screen is a stationary navigation bar that has the following links:
- Switch your profile link - allows the user to switch to a different profile after the user has signed in.
- Sign in (My ID)
- Search functionality allows users to search for products and services offered by City Online.
- Cart displays the number of items placed in the cart. Here you can update your cart and proceed to checkout.
2. Purchasing products
2.1 Adding products to shopping cart
- Select the product section from the products menu or from the results obtained from a search.
- Click the product to view the details page which contains information such as the product’s price, tax exemption details, product description, etc.
- Click "Add to cart". The number of items will be display in the "Cart". If the product or service (example, EAI products) requires certain specific information, you will be prompted to insert values in a form. At this point, you may still cancel or modify your order.
- Click the "Cart" icon to view all items in the shopping cart and make the desired changes if any.
- To go to the Checkout page, make sure to fill the required Folio Number. If you don't have a Folio Number to enter, just enter a space or any character to activate the Checkout button.
2.2 Making a Payment
Once items are added to your shopping cart, you can proceed making a payment for them.
- Click the "Checkout" button once the items and quantities you would like to purchase are in your cart. You will be taken to the Checkout page.
- At this point, you may still cancel or modify your order by clicking "Edit cart" from the drop-down list under the "Items in your cart" in the "Order summary" area to return to Cart.
- In the Checkout page the user will be asked to enter the Shipping address, select the Delivery option, enter Contact information, accept Terms and conditions, and enter payment details.
What happens once your transaction is processed?
- Once the transaction is complete, a copy of the receipt with the order details is sent to your e-mail address.
- Once the transaction is complete, the user will be able to download products individually or all products at once in a zip file.
- All customers who order downloadable products will also be able to download their purchased items under 'Order History' on the 'My Account' page.
Federal Goods and Services Tax (GST) will apply to most products purchased from City Online. Certain items may be tax exempted, in which case this will be indicated by the words "Tax Exempt: Yes" on the Details page for the respective product.
2.3 Refund policy
Refund terms are contained in the City Online Terms and Conditions. Please ensure you review these terms because you must agree to them during check out to complete your purchase.
Prior to purchase customers should ask questions about the product if they are unsure about the product. For greater clarity, refunds will not be given for the following reasons:
1. The product does not meet your needs
2. The wrong product was purchased
3. The product was purchased over 3 days ago
4. The Tax Certificate was purchased and the file was sent over 3 days ago
5. Proof of purchase/receipts cannot be provided
Please direct product specific questions to the City of Calgary Business Unit responsible for that product. You will find that contact information listed within the individual product description.
3. Searching City Online
Map Search Tool - Our dynamic GIS map interface can be used for both reference and to purchase items through the City Online storefront.
Search visually using map features and the zoom/pan functions or use the "Search" icon to enter specific criteria. Search directly by parcel address, community, ATS section number, or Electronic Block Profile.
The default map parameters are a scale of 1:288895, with only select layers enabled: Standard Dynamic Layers> Registered Ownership Parcel AND Calgary Basemap> all layers. At this view, the City of Calgary is displayed with minimal detail, making it the ideal starting point to form a search. Add map features by selecting the Layer elements from the Layer Legend. Use the arrow tool to select enabled map features. Add any item to the cart by selecting products from the Reports tab (text products) or the Download tab (spatial data).
As an example: to view the ATS section layer overlayed on the City of Calgary basemap
- Standard Dynamic Layers are enabled at various map scales. Use the zoom tool to activate the respective layer(s).
- Use the Select tool to highlight one or more of the sections.
- To purchase section information, select Download > by Section.
These steps can be applied to any of the Standard Dynamic Layers to purchase these products:
- Digital Aerial Survey by Section
- Digital Elevation Model by Section
- Orthophotos by Section
- Ownership Parcel Fabric
- Sanitary Utilities by Section
- Storm Utilities by Section
- Water Utilities by Section
- Electronic Block Profile
- Community Maps Transnet
To select property information, search by address and then select the Report icon and choose from the reports list.
ATS Section Numbering - Mapped data is licensed by section. The section reference number is a way of breaking down Calgary into manageable pieces. The following is information to help you understand and search by section. The section reference divides Calgary into 286 map sections. As Calgary annexes additional land, new sections are added. The section reference number is broken down in the following example. A typical section reference number: 0924015. This number is broken down into these components. Section: (09), Township: (24), Range: (01), and Meridian: (either West of the 5th - line between 29/1 OR West of the 4th - right hand side of 29/1).
3.1 Performing a map search
Mapped data is licensed by section. The section reference number is a way of breaking down Calgary into manageable pieces. The following information will help you to understand and search by section. The section reference divides Calgary into 286 map sections. As Calgary annexes additional land, new sections are added. The section reference number is broken down in the following example.
A typical section reference number: 0924015. This number is broken down into these components: Section: (09), Township: (24), Range: (01), Meridian: (either West of the 5th - line between 29/1 OR West of the 4th - right hand side of 29/1).
To do a map search,
- Access the MapViewer from the main navigation.
- From the map interface choose the product viz., Reports, and Data. City Online displays the list of products applicable to the selected area on the map.
Note: Map interface will only have the downloadable products for product selection.
4. Encroachment product
For more information, please visit: www.calgary.ca/realestate/encroachments